Or more accurately egg wrapped rice :D bento. A simple design, variation from my Hello Kitty Omurice Bento made sometime back.
I cooked a pot of Watercress pork ribs soup to warm the tummy for lunch, so decided to pack a small bento to go with my soup.
This is easy bento to make, just utilitise some of the cute cutters that you have.
A similar recipe to make the deco omelette egg sheet is also shared in my Kawaii Bento cookbook.
Here is how to make this deco omelette:
- 2 eggs
- 0.5tsp corn starch, dissolved with a little water
- Separate one egg white from the eggs. Add in the dissolved corn starch and mix well. Strain the mixture to remove the gooey parts of the egg white. Set aside
- Mix the remaining yolk + 1 egg in a bowl. If there are a lot of bubbles, please strain to remove the bubbles.
- Butter your frypan. Pour in the egg from step 2 and cook under low heat.
- Turn off the heat when the ends are about 80% cooked. Let the remaining heat in the pan cook the egg for about 30secs or so.
- Remove from pan and lay it on a cutting board. Using your cutters, cut out the shapes as desired.
- Place the egg sheet again in the pan. Slowly scoop in the egg white mixture from step 1 into the cut outs.
- Cook the egg again using low heat until the egg whites are cooked.
- Remove. Wrap your rice with the deco egg sheet.
Prepared a cup of matcha latte with a deco latte sheet (deco cheat) haha. Loving these deco latte sheets. They are so cute right.
The Japanese words ‘がんばってね’ means go your best, a form of encouragement.
Here I am encouraging myself and you (reading this)! :) For me, I really hope that my newly launched cookbook – Kawaii Deco Sushi will do well. Please do read more about my new cookbook here and support me too!