Pleased that I could finish up this recipe post before the new year!
Yes, it is homemade Chocolate Belgium Waffles and Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe! Oh so super yummy~~~Even my students who tried my caramel sauce were singing praises of it (I served them some cake with my salted caramel sauce!).
Both the Chocolate Belgium Waffles and Salted Caramel Sauce recipes are both keepers and so easy to make!
I served the freshly made belgium waffles with grilled bananas, almonds and generous spoonful of my salted caramel sauce!
After attending a media session with Bosch Singapore, I was selected as one of the few bloggers to receive this Bosch MaxxiMum Kitchen Machine MUMXL40G and have created several recipes since September. These include Tofu Chiffon Cake, Triple Color Smoothie, Matcha Ganache Sandwich Cookies.
A powerful machine has more than 120 functions, thanks to the wide variety of accessories that includes a 5.4litres stainless steel bowl, silicon stirring whisk, beating whisk, kneading hook, ThermoSafe glass blender, continuous shredder with 4 discs, etc.
BOSCH Home Appliances Singapore
Chocolate Belgium Waffles and Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe
Ingredients (Chocolate Belgium Waffles)
- 138g bread flour
- 12g Valrhona cocoa powder
- 50g unsalted butter
- 3g instant dry yeast
- 35g soft brown sugar or normal caster sugar
- 30g milk
- 1 medium egg (approx 55g)
- pinch of salt
- pearl sugar (for coating the waffles before cooking in the waffle pan)
1. Add butter to your mixing bowl and using the beating whisk, beat the butter mixture at the highest speed until it turns light yellow.
2. Add half the sugar and continue whisking at high speed until the sugar is almost incorporated. Add the remaining sugar and whisk till incorporated.
3. Add in the egg and whisk till incorporated. Then add in the milk and whisk again till incorporated. You will have a pale yellow creamy and light mixture.
4. Remove the whisk and knock the whisk on the sides of the steel bowl to remove the mixture on the beating whisk.
5. Change and attach on the kneading dough.
6. Sieve in the flour and cocoa powder. And add remaining dry ingredients includeing the instant dry yeast and salt.
7. Knead at medium high speed (5) until the dough comes together and the side of the bowl is clean. Continue kneading the dough for about 1 min.
8. Transfer the waffle dough into a big mixing bowl, cover with cling wrap and let it rise for about 50-60mins. The dough will increase in size – about 1.5 times.
9. Further divide the dough and roll into 8 equal balls. If you prefer bigger waffles, you can divide into 6 portions. Cover with cling wrap again and let it rest for about 10-15mins.
10. Coat the waffle dough with pearl sugar on both sides and cook in your waffle pan.
11. Serve with your favorite items. Here I grilled some bananas with small amounts of butter then coat with honey while continuing grilling on the pan for the caramelised taste. I then topped with almonds and served with my homemade salted caramel sauce. See recipe for salted caramel sauce below.
Ingredients (Salted Caramel Sauce)
- 80g caster sugar
- 100g fresh cream (approx 35% fat)
- 20g unsalted butter
- 3-3.5g salt
1. Heat sugar in a pan until the sugar melts and caramelised into a nice brown colour. Please note that no water should be added at this point and you should keep mixing/stirring while caramelising the sugar.
2. Turn off the fire. Pour in the milk – please be careful as the mixture will sizzle quite violently due to the addition of liquids, so be careful not to scald yourself and avoid standing too near the pan. In addition, use a deeper pan like me.
4. Keep mixing until incorporated and you have a nice smooth creamy texture. This is your homemade salted caramel sauce!
5. When it is slightly cooled, you can transferred into jars and keep in the fridge.
Blog post disclaimer: The Bosch MaxxiMum Kitchen Machine is compliments of Bosch Singapore for this review post. No other monetary compensation was received and all views expressed are my own.