Recently I received a pack of HARADA Premium MatchaLatte.
Available exclusively at FairPrice outlets since August 2016, 100% Japanese product uses premium tea leaves from Shizuoka prefecture, well known for the tea plantations and is the largest tea producer in the whole of Japan.
Packed in 25g sachets, HARADA Premium Matcha Latte is easy to use and prepared. Just add 180m of boiling water to 1 sachet of matcha latte powder, mix well and it’s done.
Aside from enjoying the matcha latte drink, you can also prepare these cute teddy choux puffs.
Recipe – teddy bear matcha choux puffs
Ingredients (for pate a choux)
• 50g milk
• 50g water
• 1.5g salt
• 1.5g sugar
• 45g unsalted butter
• 30g cake flour
• 35g bread flour
• 110-120g egg (approx. 2.5 eggs)
Ingredients (for matcha latte custard)
• 200ml milk
• 1.5 sachets of HARADA Premium Matcha Latte (approx38g)
• 20g corn starch
• 2 egg yolks
• 1.5g sugar
• 10g unsalted butter
• Azuki beans
• Chocolate chips (for teddy’s ears)
• Melted chocolate/choco pen (for teddy’s eyes and nose)
Method – Making Pate a Choux (choux pastry)
Preheat oven to 220C.
1. Combine (A) in a pot and bring to full boil and until butter has melted. Turn off the heat.
2. Add in sieved bread and cake flour (B). Mix quickly until no lumps of flour is seen and the mixture pulls away from sides.
3. Return the pot back to heat (low heat) and keep mixing using spatula for about 30sec or until a thin film forms on the bottom of pan.
4. Transfer to a bowl, pour the egg mixture in 2-3parts, whisk and mixing quickly in between. The texture should even and smooth, and a soft peak can be formed when batter is touched.
5. Transfer into pastry bag with plain tip. Pipe in rounds, brush with remaining egg mixture.
Method – Making matcha latte custard
1. Whisk egg yolk until it changes to pale yellow. Add in corn flour and whisk well.
2. Add milk and sugar in a pot and bring to full boil.
3. Add in HARADA Premium Matcha Latte and mix well.
4. Pour in the matcha latte mixture into the egg mixture and whisk quickly well. Transfer back into the pot and cook until low heat, whisking throughout, until the custard is creamy.
5. Turn off the heat. Add in 10g of unsalted butter and whisk well.
1. Transfer custard into a pastry bag.
2. Halve the choux puffs. Pipe in the matcha latte custard, spoon 3-4 azuki beans and topped with more matcha latte custard. Close the top layer of choux.
3. Melt the edge of the chocolate chips and assemble as teddy bears’ ears. Add melted chocolate for teddy’s eyes and nose.
HARADA Premium Matcha Latte available at all FairPrice outlets.
Grab them today!